Thursday, October 4, 2012

Not our best day!

What was supposed to be a brief trip into the city ended up taking up most of the day, due to this:



My little red car encountered a road hazard and ended up being towed to the dealership on a big flat bed truck. With us inside. One ride in a tow truck is plenty, thank you very much.

We were lucky, though.The tire had to be replaced, but it could have damaged more and we were able to get off the freeway and into a parking lot.  We could have changed the tire ourselves except that there are locking lug nuts on the tires and we didn't have a "key" to unlock them. After searching the car, and racking our brains, we have concluded that we never had the magic key. They probably told us it was in the car when we bought it and it wasn't. The tow truck driver looked, the guys at the dealership looked, as well as telling us about the little zipper bag the thing comes in. I would have remembered a zipper bag. And since nothing is easy, when they finally found a key that would get the lug nuts off, it didn't have a number on it so we couldn't order just a key. (and they seemed shocked that we might consider just regular lug nuts) So now I have a new tire and new locking lug nuts and a nice little key in a nice zipper bag with a nice piece of elastic on it to attach to the tire iron tool that came with the car to remove all the other lug nuts. I hope I never have to use it!

I do love this car--earlier in the week we went to the auction. We have been looking for a cabinet to display our Zuni fetish collection and we found the perfect one.
And it fit in my car!! I like the mirror back on it and there is still room to keep adding to the collection.
 (by the way...I did buy a stool, I can't resist, but it is small and something wool is going to look really good on it. Picture later).


Just so this post isn't all about non-fabric things, I brought out a couple of my favorite Halloween dolls to off set all the pillows I've got sitting around.

See ya...keep your eyes on the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment