Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Fall Finishes

I've had this kit for awhile, but really wanted to get it finished for this faIl. I'm super happy with the results!
It is a Lily Anna Stitches pattern and I especially like that it can stay out until its time for the Christmas decorations. The little quilt rack is a nice way to display it. I have a couple of more everyday patterns that will fit on the same stand. The pattern called for binding the edge, but I blanket stitched with variegated floss instead and think it worked out well.
Baa-b finally got his October blanket--better late than never! Think I'm going to skip over November for now and go directly to the December blanket.

On the knitting front, I've finished two scarves.
This is called Zuni shawl. You can't really see the detail of the stockinette stitch with the garter stitch that gives it some texture. The squared off "steps" are reminiscent of pueblo architecture. I finished it in time to take on vacation, but it was too warm to wear it.
I think the fringe on this one is really fun. I was an easy knit and after you are all done, stitches are dropped to form the fringe. I think it will be very wearable with t-shirt and jeans and may even consider making another in a different color. The weather is supposed to cool off this weekend, so I may get to try it out!

International Quilt Festival is coming up soon, so I am really excited! Hope I remember to take pictures to share!

As a final note, here is Spunky contemplating his day and planning who he is going to chase first and how much trouble he can get into.
His sweet little face is deceiving!







No comments:

Post a Comment