Friday, June 1, 2012

Auctions!

Going to an auction is like opening up a treasure chest--you never know what wonderful things you might find! And even when I think I've looked at everything, there are always items that I missed during the preview.

I like a lot of the primitive stuff--the slightly wonky, distressed stuff that they keep putting to the side in favor of better looking stuff, so it is usually toward the end of the auction before the things I have my eye on come up for sale. My current query is, "why did they paint all this stuff green?" Recently, two different auctions have provided me with two pieces of furniture painted a light green--not my favorite color, but it didn't stop me from buying them!

Cute, huh?
The pie safe we're using for wine storage. I've been displaying seasonal little stitchery pillows on top of it. The  blue and white enamel bowl also came from an auction. Got 5 bowls and a chamber pot for a great price. Don't know how many enamel bowl displays I need around the house, but...

I can see a snowman sitting on this little chair for winter, but for now, think this little mat sets it off. The mat is from an Anni Downs book, "The World as it Should Be".

Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment