Monday, June 18, 2012

A little bit of Wool

I finally finished a couple of things! I suppose projects would get finished faster if I didn't have so many going at one time, but what fun would that be?
This is half of a penny mat from Penny Lane Primitives. It's a bit on the "cute" side, but looks good on my old sewing box, and fits in for summer and the Fourth of July.
Next is a tote from the Renee Plains' book "A Bird in Hand". You probably can't tell, but the black fabric at the top has small birds and birdie feet on it! I added the pocket to the back. It will be fun to carry projects around in, and you can't stray far from home without taking something along to work on--just in case! I liked her handle technique. You make a tube and pull that web handle stuff you get at the fabric store through it. It makes a sturdy handle but isn't as bulky as using layers of batting.

And finally, I finished a shawl! The pattern is "Pettine" and what I like about it most is that it has an edging on the top as well as the pointed edge.
I'll wear it like this with the point in front. I like that look, plus I look odd when I try to wear shawls with the point hanging down the back.

I've decided to start on some things for fall. If I start now they should be ready to hang for this fall (yea!)  The pile of pumpkin  projects is pretty high, I just love fall decorating and if its got a pumpkin on it, I'm there--and if the pumpkin has a crow on it, I'm really there, and if you throw in an acorn, well sign me up!

So...I guess I'd better go start one of those new projects. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment