Sunday, August 18, 2013

Randomness




I'm moving along on the little stitcheries to hang on the wire frame. Finished up through December! But of course I've gotten a  bit distracted starting up some new projects. Since its been so hot I thought I might feel cooler if I worked on winter things:

Is this cute or what? I won't tell you how long I've had the pattern, but today was the day...with a little bit of greenery inside he will look cute hanging from a doorknob! Next up I'm doing a re-do of this pattern, making a garland of snowmen.
I've been trying to spend more time in my sewing room. I focus better, have more ideas, and get more done when I'm in there. More time should be devoted to the cleaning of said sewing room, but when I pick things up I can't find anything! One time my Mom made a cute little sign that said "Creative minds are rarely tidy" and attached it to one of the lamps--it was days before I noticed it!   All my little piles of stuff works!

I also finished a fall hexie table mat I started last year (UFO complete--Yay!) It was fun to do and brightens a table.
This is going to prove to be a good purchase. Lots of great projects inside.

I read an interview with Kathy Schmitz in Quiltmaker magazine where she said she uses Sulky 12 weight thread for her blackwork stitching. I've never been too happy with my  blackwork, for no particular reason, so thought it might be worth a try.  I haven't gotten very far into the project, but do think I'm going to like it. Think it makes a crisper line than floss. BTW, there are 3 nice stitchery projects in the Sept./Oct. issue of Quiltmaker.


Progress on my Snowbound quilt has been absent from this blog. I got it out the other day to start on the tree blocks and ended up putting it back. This is turning out to be more of a frustrating pain in the...than I anticipated. I am tired of the cut and paste method of getting the pattern pieces together and I still have a snowflake that I don't think is the right size and another snowflake had to be redrawn because it looked like something other than a snowflake! I would be happy to pay a bit more for a pattern that uses large paper and gives me full size patterns. I'll get back to it at some point, it is a cute quilt. (Whew! A little rant can make you feel so much better).

Picked this up at JoAnn's the other day. I'm embellishing a denim vest and this has some fun designs in it. May even be useful on pillows or wool.

Where has this stuff been all my life? I have to work hard to get my fingernails to look good. Yarn and fabric don't help either, so when I saw this written up I dashed out and got some, and it is great! I'm finding that even if my nails aren't long, if I can keep my hands moisturized and the cuticles looking good, it's not too bad. My other go to item is OPI Nail Envy--great stuff!  

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment