Monday, July 16, 2012

Bits of knitting

I don't have much to show for my time recently. I finished a fall stitchery for a pillow, but I used a variegated floss I'd never used before and when I spritzed it to remove the blue lines, the color ran. I will probably go ahead and finish it and put it at the bottom of the pile as filler. But I wasn't happy--it wasn't inexpensive floss and the design was cute. I'll finish it up and post the picture later.

I did finish this cowl. It's called A Thousand Splendid Suns, and I love the yellow yarn. The doorknob wears it well!
We took another outing to Trader Joe's.  This was the highlight of the visit. You are supposed to spread it on something--vanilla wafers, animal crackers...I just use a spoon. It is evidently one of their biggest sellers.

And the stack keeps getting taller. Blame this one on my husband, but they do look good.
Then there was this old rocking chair. It isn't sit-able, but doesn't Raggedy Ann look cute on it? A close family friend made her for me when I was very small and I think she is perfect on the chair.

I've started a couple more fall projects. Hopefully they will be far enough along for a picture next time, but I did start  "Leftie" today and I think I'm going to like the colors.
The leaves are made with short rows which are kind of fun. Think it will be an enjoyable knit.

I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment